This is a great way to keep your kids active while staying safe indoors! Have your kids collect random things around the house (stuffed animals, small bags of fruit snacks, basket (or small trash can), ball, bat, etc.) and create a “course” that your child has to follow in the room using tape/yarn. Create “challenges” at each obstacle — here is one variation you could set up!
1. Do jumping jacks while reciting the alphabet
2. Jump over your favorite stuffed animal 10 times
3. Hold a bat/tennis racket on your head and spin 5 times
4. 5 frog jumps while ribbiting
5. Throw 5 bags of fruit snacks into a basket — have to make them all!
6. Do high Knees while counting to ten in a different language
7. Sing Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes while doing the motions
8. Dance the hokey pokey
9. Bounce a ball 10 times with each hand
10. Do Star Jumps while singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
You can mix it up and create different challenges & obstacles every time your kids do it!